17+ years’ experience in system architecture and design, DB programming, application development and programming, web development, CMS configuration and customization, CRM design and development. Diligent, hard-working, and collaborative with excellent communication skills.
- Analyzing problems, devising solutions, collaborating with others
- VS, TFS, C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, T-SQL, PHP, MySQL, HTML, JS, WordPress, Drupal, Telerik
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access, Oracle
- M.A. in Philosophy: expert in writing and communication
Freelance Web Application Development 2010-Present
- WordPress and Drupal CMS integrations with custom designs
- Scheduler & Application Tracker (Php/MySQL) for Queen’s Dept. of Family Medicine
- Custom eye exam application (Php/MySQL) for Queen’s Dept. of Ophthalmology
- Mobile Case Log application developed using MySQL, Php, CSS3, HTML5 and JQuery for the Dept. of Ob/Gyn, Queen’s U.
- Web portal (Php/MySQL) for personal coaches and clients (Epiphany Coaches)
CoreTrac Inc., Austin, TX (Banking CRM) 2001-2017
- Designed and coded MSSQL procs, DB structure, and VB/COM+ business layer
- Developed a Mass Data Upload Tool to expedite data migration
- Converted system from VB/COM+ to C# and the .Net platform
CDS IT Consulting, Austin, TX 1998-2001
- Designed and developed an XML-based web CMS.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Applied Information Technology Diploma (ITI, Halifax NS, 1998)
- Masters of Arts in Philosophy (Dalhousie, Halifax NS, 1997)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science/Philosophy (McMaster, Hamilton ON, 1995)
In my spare time I like to write historical fiction. My first published novel, The Last Stoic, as story in which modern America meets ancient Rome, made the 2012 ReLit Awards long list. My second novel, Bottle and Glass, is set closer to home in the Kingston, Ontario of 1814. I’ve adapted Bottle and Glass into an immersive, site-specific play that was staged successfully by Theatre Kingston during WritersFest 2016. Audience members pursue the story through the streets and pubs of Kingston, drinking along with the characters and experiencing the city’s history like never before. The production is set to be expanded and restaged for a three week run in the summer of 2017.